UPDATE: Bowden had a great first day of school. I picked him up and he was covered in chocolate. Apparently, his teacher had given them a chocolate kiss before they left, so he now loves her. She's obviously pretty smart. When I asked him how it went, he said, "I had a great day--nobody picked on me, so I didn't have to punch anybody in the nose." Yes, he has received some coaching in that area and I won't name names. Ha, ha! i just pray that he didn't tell Ms. Pickett that. The other funny thing he said was (in his that silly ol' teacher voice), "My teacher said the person beside me and in front of me are my nieghbors, but they aren't our neighbors!!" He seemed to have paid pretty good attention, though. He told us all the playground rules, although now that I think about it, those are the only ones he told us about and I'm sure there were others. Ha, ha! He wants to go back tomorrow, though, and that was the goal of today for me. He enjoyed it and I survived--and actually enjoyed it when I got to
get some things done with only one child. Easy breezy!




Bowden and Ms. Pickett

Bowden and Keaton

They were very excited to have the same backpack.

It lights up just for me!
So, the drop off has taken place. It all went pretty smoothly. The only tears were mine and I kept them hidden until after we left his class. He was so excited saying, "I get to go everyday!" Here are a some pics from the big morning....
4 comments:
Hang on tight girl, time really does fly when they start school. I remember Aaron's first day of kindergarten like it was yesterday and now we are in the 2nd grade. Your boys are just too cute!!~allana
Bowden looks so cute for his first day!!
Jen
Awe!!!!!!!!!!! I am just a little sad that he is so big but ALOT happy that he is so big!
Looks like you made it, wonderring if this week has been cranky for you guys too? Scar, your hair looks great! love D
Post a Comment