Tuesday, August 11, 2009

It's Almost Here....

School is almost here. Bowden will start two weeks from yesterday and I think we are almost ready. We've gotten school supplies, some new clothes, and have been waking up earlier to get ready for the new schedule. The only other thing we are missing is the backpack. I've had to restrain myself from buying the really cute one that I like at Pottery Barn. I'm not going to be that mom, though--it's his bag that he has to carry, so he gets to pick it out. He wants to get some kind of action figure one (its a different one everytime I ask), so we are going to Target pretty soon to get that taken care of. Other than that, we've just been trying to take advantage of the few weeks we have left before our world is spun upsidedown. We've been going to the pool, bowling, going on more ice cream trips, etc. B wants to go to a local water park, too, so that 's next on the list.
Next week begins a slew of events--Popscicles in the Park, where the kids and parents get to meet eachother, new student orientation is the next night, and later in the week is 'Meet the Teacher.' This is one that I've been praying really hard about because I just want him to enjoy school and have a great experience and I know the teacher that he gets will greatly impact that. I remember a couple of years ago laughing at a friend who cried as she talked about her little one starting school and her worries about it and now, I get it. I've been trying not to let myself think about it too much because I know there is not much I can do to change it and I guess that's the hard part--I can't control much of what's going to happen. B and I have been having a lot of conversations about choosing friends and being respectful, not making fun of people and standing up for himself if kids choose to do those things to him. He doesn't have mean bone in his body...you should hear the things my mom has been telling him to say and do if kids pick on him and she's a teacher! He says, 'Gigi, I'll get in trouble!' I'm trying to give it to God, but the anxiety keeps creeping in. And, trust me, I know it's just kindergarten, but there's no turning back now. Before we know it, the next fret will be over him leaving for college. At this rate, I'll be a basket case over that one.
On a lighter note, here are some pictures from the last week. I keep forgetting to take my camera with me, so they are all pics of us at home, but was still able to catch a couple of cute ones. Enjoy!







Yes, you are seeing that correctly. Pierce got a sunburn on his back and shoulders at the pool yesterday--sunscreen and all. I obviously did not reapply enough, though. You can give me my 'Mom of the Year' tiara later.(:
Soooo happy Daddy's home....

1 comment:

The Walkers said...

So happy to see Jas last week but selfishly sad I didn't get to see you guys too. I MISS YOU and need some Scarlett time SOON.